Green Pork Curry with Wholegrain Rice and Broccolini
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- FODMAP Friendly
- Dairy/Lactose Free
- Gluten Free
- 1 tablespoon Cockatoo Grove Signature extra virgin olive oil
- 800g St Bernard’s pork shoulder, cut into 3 cm cubes
- 1 stalk lemongrass, bruised
- 5 kaffir lime leaves, stripped from the vein
- 2 cups Fodmapped for you chicken stock
- 2 x 200g packet Fodmapped for you green curry simmer sauce
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into 3cm lengths
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1 packet Tilda wholegrain basmati rice, cooked as per pack instructions
Handful of freshly picked coriander, roughly chopped and extra for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C.
- Place a large deep, frying pan over a high heat. When very hot, pour in oil, followed by the pork. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned on all sides. You may need to do this in batches if your pan isn’t large.
- Add the bashed lemongrass and torn kaffier lime leaves and toss. Pour in chicken stock and green curry paste and stir to combine. Fit with a lid and bake for 90 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place over a medium low heat, add the broccolini and coconut milk and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the broccolini is cooked to your liking.
- Serve immediately spooned over steamed wholegrain basmati rice and finish with fresh coriander.
Made this recipe? Take a photo and tag #thehealthycooks @thehealthycookstv on Instagram!