Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Dairy free
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 golden shallot, roughly chopped
- 2 red birdseye chillies
- 2 kaffier lime leaves, stems removed
- 2 lemongrass stalks, chopped white part only remove outer layer
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 packets Tilda Coconut and Lemongrass basmati rice
- 1 cup green beans, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- White pepper, to season
Quick peanut sambal
- 2 tablespoons Mayver’s super crunchy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon rice malt syrup
- 1-2 teaspoons sambal oelek
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon kecap manis
For the bull’s eye eggs
- 2 eggs
- Oil, enough to fry egg
- Baby Cos Lettuce leaves
- Soy sauce
- Fried ikan bilis (dried anchovies)
- Fried shallots
- Emping crackers (bitternut) or prawn crackers, if desired
- Place garlic, golden shallot, chilli, kaffier lime leaf, lemongrass and 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in the small bowl of a food processor and process to a paste.
- Heat wok or deep, frying pan over a high heat. Pour in the remaining oil and when hot, add the paste and fry for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the rice, then add the green beans and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Push the rice to the side of the wok and add in the beaten eggs. Let it cook for 10 seconds then fold the rice through. You want to make sure the rice is coated with egg. Evenly spread the rice over the pan and leave to cook for 5 minutes so the rice browns and gets a little crunchy.
- Meanwhile make the peanut sambal, place all the ingredients into a bowl and mix well to combine. Set aside.
- To serve, place a few lettuce leaves in each serving bowl. Season the rice with white pepper and spoon into the bowls.
- Place a medium frying pan over a high heat and fill with vegetable oil to around 1cm deep. When the oil is hot, crack in an egg and cook for 30-45 seconds, gently spooning a little of the hot oil over the egg to help seal the yolk. Remove using a slotted spoon and place it directly onto the rice. Repeat to cook your second egg adjusting the temperature of the oil if required.
- Garnish with a drizzle of soy sauce and a sprinkle of fried anchovies and shallots.
Hi, this is a comment.
To get started with moderating, editing, and deleting comments, please visit the Comments screen in the dashboard.
Commenter avatars come from Gravatar.