Preparation time: 20 minutes
Serves / Makes: 18-20 Pieces
- Gluten Free
- Dairy free
- Vegan – Note: use a vegan dark chocolate or Lindt 85% and above
- 10 dates, pips removed
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- ¾ cup Mayver’s Almond Spread
- ½ cup raw almonds, plus a few extra for garnish
- ½ teaspoon vanilla powder OR vanilla paste
- 2 tablespoons Natural Evolution Green Banana Resistance Starch
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 100g Lindt 70% cocoa dark chocolate, broken into chunks
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil or almond oil
- Place dates, quinoa flakes, almonds, vanilla, almond spread and Natural Evolution Green Banana Resistance Starch in the bowl of a food processor and process until the mixture comes together. Add a water, a tablespoon at a time, if required. Continue to process until mixture forms a thick paste.
- Take 35g portions of mixture, shape into fingers and arrange on a baking paper lined oven tray.
- Place chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave safe jug and microwave for 60-90 seconds or until the chocolate is just melted. Stir well to combine. Drizzle over almond fingers and sprinkle with finely chopped almonds. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 1 week and snack as desired.