Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
- FODMAP friendly
- Dairy/Lactose Free
- Gluten Free
- 2 tablespoons Cockatoo Grove Midnight extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large eggplant, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 roma tomatoes, cut into large cubes
- 2 x 375g packets Fodmapped For You Slow, Tomato Pasta Sauce, slow-roasted vegetable
- ½ cup of kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 long red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 packet Ceres Quinoa Penne Pasta
- 1 small handful of basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 small handful of parsley, roughly chopped
- Murray River Salt, to taste
- 125g packet Bio Cheese Parmesano, for serving
- Heat olive oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium to high heat. Add the eggplant and tomatoes and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the tomato pasta sauce and cook for a 1-2 minutes.
- Stir through the olives and chopped chilli, cover with a lid and reduce the heat to low, to simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the eggplant has cooked down and the sauce is thick and rich.
- In the meantime, cook the quinoa pasta according to packet instructions in well salted water. Drain and stir through the eggplant sauce. Add the fresh herbs and season with salt to taste.
- To serve, spoon into individual pasta bowls and garnish with a sprinkle of parmesan.
Made this recipe? Take a photo and tag #thehealthycooks @thehealthycookstv on Instagram!