Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- 600g St Bernard’s pork shoulder, diced into 2cm cubes
- 1-2 tablespoons Cockatoo Grove Organic Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 spring onions, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 cucumber, finely sliced on the diagonal, to serve
- 8 cos lettuce leaves, to serve
- Korean KimChi, to serve
- 1 packet Tilda Wholegrain Basmati Rice, cooked as per pack instructions
- ½ red apple, roughly chopped
- ½ brown onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 inch piece ginger, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Korean Chili paste
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1-2 teaspoons chili flakes
- For the marinade, pop all of the marinade ingredients into a food processor and blitz to a puree.
- Place pork into a glass or non-reactive bowl, add the marinade and mix to combine. Cover with cling film and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan or wok over a high heat. Once hot add a splash of olive oil, then add the pork and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Once cooked remove the pan from the heat and fold through the sesame seeds and spring onion.
- To serve, arrange the cucumber, cos leaves and kimchi in 2-3 serving bowls. Spoon in the cooked rice and pork bulgogi, evenly dividing between the bowls and serve immediately.